Pages

February 16, 2011

Super Powers


I have sat here, staring at my computer screen trying to decide how I want to write this post.  I have started writing about three times already, and then decided I didn't like where it was leading so I would delete my words.  Bare with me.

As I mentioned in my 33 post, my dear friend Laura took me to the hospital this past Friday.  I frantically called her around 8 or 830 at night asking her a huge favor.  Laura had just left the BX with her husband and two children, a 3 year old and a 6 month old when I called.  As soon as I told her what was going on and asked her to take me to the hospital, she immediately said "Yes" and I could hear her husband asking where he could turn around.  Within just a few minutes, they were pulling into my driveway and Laura was out of the car in a flash.  
Once we arrived at the hospital, she just sat in my room with me.  She stayed with me until 11pm.  She called my husband for me because I had no way of getting in touch with him.  She texted me throughout the night asking how I was doing.  Bright and early at 830 the next morning she was getting ready to come pick me up so I could go home.  She texted me frequently throughout the day asking how I was doing and if I needed anything.  
It was in a text she sent me when it hit me this is what being a military wife is all about.  You see, I continued to thank her for everything she had done for me over and over.  She responded with "You would have done the same for me."  She was right.  I would have.  

Not only is being a military wife about supporting your husband, but also the support you provide to your "adopted military family."  Laura was there for me when I had no one else.  She was, in a sense, my husband, my mom, and my whole family during that scary time.  She left her kids and husband late at night to take me to L&D.  She was up early the next morning to bring me home.  She was selfless.  

We, military wives, have an unbreakable bond.  We learn to do things on our own when our husbands aren't here.  We know the ups and downs of everyday military life.  We form friendships that last a lifetime because they are they ones that know how military hardships truly feel.  
Not only are we the backbones of our dear husbands but, we are the backbones of each other.  

The military is a tight knit community.  I am thankful for the people I have met because of my husbands service.  We have bonds with so many people throughout the world that only the military could have provided.  (Heck, who would have thought I would want to take a trip to Clovis, NM?  But, thanks to Cannon AFB, I have a second mom there with her garage door always open for me.)  

Laura my darling, if it weren't for you, I would have lost it on Friday.  I am so grateful for you and your friendship.  Thank you from the bottom of my heart.  And you are right, I would do the same for you, day or night.


I also have to give a shout out to Travis to accepting the task of watching my sweet puppers for me both times I was in L&D.  Thank you Travie Clause!!


0 Comments:

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com