Pages

June 9, 2009

The Journey Begins Today

9:25 pm German time
2:25 pm Nashville time

Alright, we made it to Germany today around 12:15 pm German time 5:15 am Nashville time and we are exhausted!
The flight went surprisingly well. We were supposed to leave Baltimore at 9 pm yesterday, but you know how the military works... Hurry up and wait. So we ended up leaving around 10 pm or so. By the time we boarded, Bear and Moose were already in the belly of the plane. They gave us a little piece of paper that said our "special cargo" was safe and sound. It was too cute! The 8 hour and 47 minute flight went by pretty fast. After we ate our complimentary dinner the hubbs and I passed out! We woke up just in time for breakfast and then it was just a few more hours until we landed. Flying over Germany was definitely a sight! It was beautiful!
Once we landed it was time to see if Moose and Bear would be able to go through customs with no hiccups along the way and be accepted into the country. I knew Bear would be just fine, but Moose on the other hand, I had my doubts. Just as the hubbs and I came through customs, the pups were being dropped off awaiting their check point. Bear of course breezed through and when it came time for the German veterinarian to check Moose I had to walk away. At one point I looked back at the hubbs and Moose, and I saw Moose out of his crate and the vet was looking at all of his spots... I was TERRIFIED!!! But it all worked out well, they gave him the A- OK.
Our sponsor was there to pick us up and it was nice to finally put a face to a name. He seems to be a really cool guy. We didn't do too much today. Just checked in to TLF, drove around the base, and asked a million and one questions! Tomorrow we have a huge To-Do list... MPF, reporting to the squadron, insurance stuff, start house hunting, schedule our appointment for our drivers licence, and then our sponsor and his girlfriend are going to take us out to dinner in K-Town. Oh Boy!

Moge dir dein Weg leicht werden
Moge dir der Wind immer von hinten kommen
Moge dir die Sonne warm ins Gesicht scheinen
Moge dir ein sanfter Regen auf die Felder fallen
und bis wir uns wiedersehen
Moge Gott dich in seiner Hand halten.

May the road rise to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face.
And rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the hollow of His hands.

My aunt, uncle, and cousins read that poem to the hubbs and I before we left. My uncle read it in German, and then everyone else followed the line in English. Needless to say, I bawled when I heard it.

0 Comments:

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com