Pages

June 26, 2012

Real Talk

I'm going to be honest, I am getting antsy.  I truly mean that I want to nest in this house before I go all crazy with the decorating but, I am also ready for this house to be a home.  Maybe it won't feel that way until Brian is actually home?  Perhaps that is the void that is missing.  Too many bare walls in the house need to be filled with pictures and what not.  Too many things need to be purchased.  Rugs and trashcans.  What a combination, huh?  Seriously though, rugs to go by doors and outside of the showers.  Trashcans to go in bathrooms and in the kitchen.  At the moment I am using a pop up laundry  hamper I bought at Wal Mart not too long ago.  I could most definitely go back to Wal Mart and get trashcans but I want to take a look at different stores not in the Clovis area first.  Weird, I know.  
No one has come out yet to take a look at the damaged items from the move.  It's been over a week.  Bummer.  There are still lone boxes hanging out in my living room.  I have yet to unpack mine or Maggie's suitcases from Germany.  I am just in the mindset that things are still temporary.  They were for so long.  When my fridge was finally delivered last week, I felt a sense of urgency to get groceries to fill it up.  Why?  Because I was seriously thinking that it would be taken away from me if I didn't.  Honestly, that's my mindset at the moment.  Things have been so temporary over the past few months, it's difficult to come to grips that this is permanent.  Well, as permanent as four years.  
Mags and I are heading down to see Brian this weekend.  We can't wait to see him and he can't wait to see Maggie walking.  There is an outlet mall that I plan on hitting up to get stuff for the house while I am there.  There are so many things I want for this house but I know it will be a process to get it where we want it.  In our previous houses, we never really decorated either due to not having the funds or because we knew we would be leaving soon.  So, I don't really know where to start.  Just a blank slate of a house with the bare essentials we need to get by with for the moment.  
Baby steps.

Once again, a purge of emotions and rambles on my part.  Go get yourself an ice cream for making it this long.  

0 Comments:

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com