Pages

December 6, 2009

"Don't throw me down, Clark."

I love my husband dearly.  But Wednesday night when I asked the hubbs to bring down all of our Christmas decorations from the attic, my love for him was tested.  You see, while I was down stairs in the kitchen, unloading our groceries, I heard a faint, "Umm...Sarah" calling from the attic.  I knew exactly what that meant.  I stopped what I was doing, closed my eyes and took a deep breath, a very deep breath.  When I opened my eyes there was my husband standing in front of me with the "Uhh, yeah, about that" look on his face. 

All of our Christmas decorations are sitting in a storage unit in Clovis, New Mexico. 

The reason I got angry with my husband instead of the movers who packed our house, is because my husband was the one telling the movers what goes to Germany and what goes to storage. 
{I was only in our house for minutes at a time that day because, I was running errands around town, and I simply could not watch strangers pack my things.} 

Commence freak out. 
All I kept saying was "Great hubbs, great! The Christmas stuff at the BX has been out since freaking September that place is going to be wiped out!"

Friday night, the hubbs and I headed on base to see what Christmas stuff was left over.  The four aisles devoted to Christmas were definitely picked over, but we were able to find a few decorations and ornaments.  One problem that we did encounter was they were completely sold out of ornament hooks.  We figured that was no big deal, we could use paper clips.  Well, we could not find any paper clips in that dang store!  We didn't have a clue how we were going to hang our new ornaments.

We decided that we wanted a real Christmas tree.  So on Saturday, we bought one from the Boy Scouts.  All of the trees they had looked like Charlie Brown trees, but we bought the fullest one they had. 
The tree was set up, our decorations were out, I had swept 5 times within 30 minutes, and it was now time to figure out how we were going to hang our ornaments. 

The hubbs came up with an awesome idea. 
A wire hanger, wire cutters, and a pair of needle nose pliers.
Bam! Ornament hooks!

Thanks to my Mother, we have two "personal" ornaments. 
One for Bear & Moose.

One for me and the hubbs.

We weren't able to find a tree topper either.
Once again, we improvised.

An alumnimum foil star!  Oh yeah!

I present to you the Fox family Christmas tree!

"The most enjoying traditions of the season are best enjoyed in the warm embrace of kith and kin. Thith tree is a thymbol of the thpirit of the Fox family Chrithmath."

At the end of the day, I know it doesn't matter if we have Christmas decorations, ornament hooks, or a tree topper. 


We are celebrating the birth of Our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
&
We have each other.

            Merry Christmas from the Fox Family!

2 Comments:

Unknown said...

What a wonderful Christmas story! One you will remember forever! I love it!

Britney {Jesses Girl} said...

i love christmas decorations!

and i love how you improvised!

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com