Pages

May 6, 2009

Famous In A Small Town


Alright, I am off to San Antonio tomorrow night and I am not as excited as I should be. Don't get me wrong, I cannot wait to see my husband, but it also marks the halfway point of my stay in Tennessee.


I am quite attached to my one and a half year old niece and I have only been here three weeks. It is going to be so difficult to leave her for the weekend, and I am only going to be gone four days! I can't imagine how hard it is going to be to leave for three years to Germany.


Not a day has gone by that I haven't had a glass of SWEET TEA, (Oh, how I've missed it!) and having a Target twenty minutes away from me is pure bliss.


Things here haven't changed, but it is different. It's just not home to me anymore. I mean it's home, just not home home. I haven't been back in almost a year so I just got used to doing my "own" thing I guess. It's just really weird having people ask you "How have you been?" and sorts, when you know they don't really care... they just want to be nosey. I had one lady come up to me while my family and I were eating dinner at a local restaurant asking me a load of questions. Halfway through the conversation, she just paused and stared at me like I was the bloody ghost of Christmas past and then proceeded to ask me why I look and act so different than two years before. I'm like, HELLO... I have grown up in two years, so that answers one question... and I no longer have long hair. Ta-da! That simple! I guess that's just the joys of living in a small town for eighteen years, vanishing for two years, and then randomly showing up one day in the Mexican restaurant!

0 Comments:

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com